Now that you’ve rocked your short hair for a while, it’s time to change it up a bit. Unfortunately, with the sheer volume of hair extension options, it’s easy to get overwhelmed.
If you need some help choosing strands and extensions for your short hair, you’ve come to the right place! In this article, we’ll guide you through how to choose
how to choose
hair extensions for short hair Main considerations for blending Wig Extensions
There are specific factors to consider when choosing short hair extensions. Below, we detail some of these considerations.
- natural hair length. The extensions you choose will need something to attach to, so you will need at least a few inches of hair on your head.
- extension thickness. Thick hair is best for short hair extensions – thickness will help with that Blend your natural hair With extensions for a natural look.
- extension length. Really long extensions can look artificial on people with short hair. The longer your natural hair, the longer your hair will be
Wig ExtensionsIt can be while it still looks and feels normal.
- extension color. You’ll want to choose extensions that are similar to your natural hair color (unless you are Coloring your hair or hair extensions Much). This will make the end result smooth and natural.
- Extension fabric. If you do not want your hair to be heat styled or styled, you should make sure that the texture of the extensions matches the texture of your natural hair. Otherwise, there will be a clear line between your natural hair and extensions.
How long should your hair be worn
As we briefly mentioned earlier, your hair should be at least a few inches long
As a general rule, we recommend getting at least two inches of natural hair before attempting to install
Wig Extensions For short and medium hair
With many kinds of
Wig Extensions (for hair 3+ inches long)
Sewing extensions are extensions attached to a weft, also called a track. To attach it, you will braid your natural hair into strands of cornrows and then sew them onto the braids.
sewing accessories Cover your existing hair completely, unless you are going to leave hair around your edges. You can wear it for months with minimal maintenance.
- Sewing links can be worn for up to 8 weeks.
- Sewing extensions hide most, if not all, of your natural hair. This makes blending easy.
- Sewing accessories should be installed by a professional. The process can be time consuming and expensive.
Here is a video of Suture extension installation process.
Wig Extensions (for 4+ inch hair)
To install these extensions, small sections of natural hair are pulled through a micro-loop or microbead (with an extension hair extension). The bead is then flattened using specialized pliers for a secure hold. These extensions last for months.
- Small loop extensions are another permanent option, and due to the nature of loops, they can add a lot of length regardless of starting length.
- The micro ring extensions are customizable, which means you can choose any combination of natural, highlights, and fun colors for your hair.
- Small ring attachments can be expensive and time consuming and must be applied and removed by a professional.
Watch this video show Installing a micro ring on short natural hair.
Wig Extensions (for hair 3+ inches long)
There is no need to pay a professional fee. Extra clips are so popular with women with shorter hair that you can buy them in varying lengths, colors, and textures to make blending easy.
- Clip-in extensions are one of the easiest types of extensions to install.
- The extensions are easy to blend with your natural hair, provided they are at least 3 inches long.
- You need to remove your extra clips every night. It can make sleeping uncomfortable, pull your hair and scratch your scalp all night long if you leave it indoors.
- Removing and reinstalling the clamps can be frustrating.
How to mix short hair with extensions
There have been many references to mixing short hair with extensions: How exactly do you do that? Let’s break that down here.
You’ll want to go from the bottom up, starting at the nape of your neck and adding wefts or sections of elongated hair in small sections all the way to the crown of your head.
At the widest point on your head, about the same height as your eyebrows, you can put multiple layers of hair together to disguise your short natural hair.
If you’re not using wefts, you can simply clip the sections of the extension hair close to each other to ensure even coverage.
You can also slide your hair extensions and natural hair down to help blending. You’ll find that gels and sprays can be very helpful in the blending process.
Depending on your desired hair length and color, you can use multiple shades of extensions to add more highlights and dimension to your hair. To do this, you will switch the weft colors during installation.
Design your accessories
Now that you know how to integrate plugins, it’s time to start designing them. The key to styling your extensions is to make sure that they are undetectable at the roots and that your natural hair does not stand out unnaturally along the lengths of the extensions.
Once you pass that hurdle, you’ll be ready to have some fun designing your accessories.
There are so many ways you can design your accessories – you are only limited by your imagination.
Here are some video tutorials that you can use to make the design process easy:
Wash and go with Clip-Ins
Best Choices for Very Short Hair
If your hair is shorter than the recommended length of extensions, don’t worry. There are still options for very short hair! Let’s explore it in this section.
- Wig. A human hair wig is a great alternative to short hair. human hair wigs It can be styled just like your own hair and can look as natural as your extensions!
- hair topper. Hair caps are similar to wigs, but they are designed to cover only one part of your hair rather than your entire head. Hair toppers are the best thin hair It covers bald spots because it is lightweight and durable.
- facial accessories They are similar to clips, but are wired and adjustable on your head. These are great for covering bald spots or very short hair. It is temporary and will not damage your hair at all.
Well there you have it – a comprehensive guide to choosing the best