Psychological health

32 Cool and Amazing Facts about Left Handed People

Did you know that approximately 10 to 12% of the world’s population is left-handed? Did you know that left-handed people tend to be more independent, creative, adaptive, and flexible due to encountering a world that is highly designed for right-handed people? Read more facts about left-handers.

Scientists aren’t really sure why people are left left-handed, but research points to a complex collaboration between genetics and the environment that can lead to some people becoming left-handed.

Let’s find out some cool and unique facts about left-handers:

32 Cool and Surprising Facts About Left Handers

1) The right part of the brain is dominant.

The left side of the brain is logical and analytical, and the right side of the brain is logical creative and passionate. The right part of the brain is more dominant in left-handed people, so they tend to be more creative and artistic in their actions.

Reading: Left Brain Vs. Right Brain: Some Eye-Opening Visions

2) They are professionals at multitasking.

Left-handers tend to be more independent and resilient because they learn to adapt to the world largely made for right-handed people.

In 2008, Illinois Research Consortium I collected large data and found that when given two tasks to complete simultaneously, the left performed better than the right. Leftists take the whole problem into account and use pattern matching to try to solve it. On the other hand, right-handers try to solve the problem, break it into parts and analyze each piece one at a time.

In one study by Dr.. Nick Charboin, left-handers seem to talk while driving, jet pilots and play fast-paced video games. According to the researcher, this is related to conversations between the right and left sides of the brain that occur more quickly in left-handed people than in their right-handed peers.

3) They have a creative streak but are no more creative than right-handed people.

Psychologists suggest that living in a world designed for right-handed people enables left-handers to come up with independent thinking and creative solutions. Also, the right part of the brain that deals with creativity and expression of emotions is more dominant than the left which gives them the creative streak.

a Study 2007 He claims that painters and musicians were more likely to be left-handed. In fact, a lot of artists and celebrities like Leonardo Da Vinci, Julia Roberts, Keanu Reeves, Tom Cruise, Eminem, Justin Bieber, Angelina Jolie, Jim Carrey, and Lady Gaga are left.

Professor Mike Nichols – himself a left-handed – 5,000 five-year-olds studied They examined their performance in school and their feedback from teachers concluded that “left-handed people tend to do worse as a group of right-handers”. According to him, the left’s reduced cognitive ability was small but similar to the “negative consequences” of preterm birth.

4) The genes inherited by people only account for 25% of the chance of being left-handed

There is only a 25% chance of being left-handed through inherited genes. Therefore, even twins who have 100% identical genes do not necessarily have the same trait.

In a study conducted by Queensland Institute of Medical ResearchAnd the More than 50,000 identical twins have been observed and analyzed. The researchers found that inherited genes only account for 25% of the chances of being left-handed. The other 75% is attributed to environmental factors

5) Left-handed athletes have an advantage over their opponents.

32 Cool and Surprising Facts About Left Handers

Be it golf, tennis, swimming or boxing, they excel everywhere. Golf champion Phil Mickelson, tennis star Roger Federer, and boxing legend Oscar De La Hoya are all leftists. In fact, nearly 40% of top tennis players are lefties.

According to an MSNBC review of an interesting book called “Left-Handed Puzzle” by Rick Smits, left-handers may have an advantage in games where two opponents face each other such as boxing or tennis because they get more opportunities to train against more right-handed opponents. And vice versa because the right-wingers are much more.

6) They can see underwater better than right-handed people.

According to neurologists, the left seems to adapt to seeing underwater more easily than the right. However, there is a lack of sufficient scientific evidence to support this fact.

7) Hitting puberty late.

Lefties tend to reach puberty 4-5 months later than right ones. This is why left-handed males have trouble growing a beard. However, there is no solid research evidence to support this fact.

8) They are more likely to suffer from insomnia.

Left-handed people are more likely to suffer from sleep deprivation due to periodic limb movement disorder (PLMD). It spoils the quality of their sleep because they tend to move their limbs involuntarily during sleep. This is why they kick people in their bed. According to one studyAnd the 69% of right-handed participants had bilateral limb movements compared to 94% of left-handed patients!

Read: Did you know? Top 20 amazing facts

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button