We all go through ups and downs in life, but there are very few who make sure their problems don’t define them. Kurt Cobain is one of them! Despite his turbulent childhood, lack of emotional support, love, compassion, failed relationships, and good mentorship as a teenager and adolescence, he has gone on to become one of the most famous rock musicians in the history of alternative music.
The formation of the rock band Nirvana in 1987 and the release of the popular album Nevermind in 1991 and the second highly acclaimed album In Utero in 1993 made Kurt Cobain generation sound X. Not only was he a talented singer, guitarist, and grunge player, but he always composed songs full of anxiety that later became an iconic blend of heavy metal and punk. “smells like teen spirit” It is the biggest blow that actually led to a rapid rise in Cobain’s career.
Kurt Cobain has always been an inspiration to people with his honesty and frankness. What surprised people is his contemporary ideas that are still evident from his interviews.
In one of his interviews in 1991 he said –
“I don’t understand anything technical about music at all. I don’t understand any of it, why can’t you group these sounds with those sounds. I only know what sounds good to us.” I, or we as a band, never transcribed anyone or spent Time to learn other people’s songs. We were never good enough or had the patience to do so! So we put that energy into putting our stuff together. We are from the school of learning while playing. We’re still in it.”
Unfortunately, his love for music, crazy fans, success and fame couldn’t help him get rid of heroin addiction, depression, personal and professional issues. Finally, on April 5, 1994, he committed suicide by putting his gun in his mouth. But, there are many conspiracy theories circulating that it was a planned murder. Nobody knows the truth!
We’ll always miss his young face, shoulder-length blonde hair, and touching voice. His words and songs have inspired generations and will continue to do so. His quotes continue to inspire millions to pursue their dreams and create the life they want.
Here are Kurt Cobain’s inspiring quotes about music, success, love, and life:
1. “I’d rather be hated for what I am than I am to be loved than I am not.”
2. “I’d rather die than be cool.”
3. “Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are”
4. “No one is afraid of heights, they are afraid of falling. Nobody is afraid of saying I love you, they are afraid of the answer.”
5. “It’s not really that hard to maintain your dignity and sign a major sign…Most people don’t have any dignity in the first place.”
6. “We are just musically and rhythmically backward. We play so hard that we can’t tune our guitars fast enough. People can relate to that.”
7. “No one dies a virgin…life bothers us all.”
Read over 50 inspirational Harry Potter quotes to boost your motivation
8. “Thank you for the tragedy. I need it for my art.”
9. “It is better to burn than to fade.”
10. “Just because it’s all you want, doesn’t mean it’s all you need.”
11. “I don’t care what you think unless it’s about me.”
12. “I don’t read well, but when I read, I read well.”
13. “I use parts and parts of others” characters to shape my character.”
14. “Drugs are a waste of time. They destroy your memory, your self-esteem and everything that goes along with your self-esteem.”
15th. “There are so many things I wish I could have done, rather than just sitting around and complaining about living a boring life.”
Read 8 principles to help you design your own life path
16. “I’m so glad I found my friends today – they’re in my head.”
17. “Practice makes perfect, but no one is perfect, so why practice?”
18. “Music is energy. Mood, atmosphere. Feeling.”
19. “We don’t have the right to an opinion until we know all the answers.”
20. “Life is not nearly as sacred as appreciating emotion.”